Learn to Ride a Bicycle
Learn how to ride a bicycle or refresh your rusty skills.
Classes offered the 2nd Monday of each month
4:00 and 6:00 p.m.
200 River St. in Coolidge Park
Recommended for adults and kids ages 6 and older.
Call (423) 643-6888
Outdoor Chattanooga’s League of American Bicyclists Certified Instructors will teach:
- Balance, starting, stopping and pedaling
- Bicycle fit and seating position
- How gears and brakes work
- Types of bicycles
- Parts of the bicycle and basic maintenance
- Helmet fit and safety checks
- Rules for sidewalk, greenway and neighborhood road riding
- Roadway signage and hand signaling
The class consists of a set of exercises and safety drills that are designed to help beginner riders of all ages progess at their own speed and ability.
In case of inclement weather, the class will be held inside the Outdoor Chattanooga facility.
Outdoor Chattanooga can provide bicycles and helmets for adults and kids 4′ tall and over.
Children shorter than 4′ must bring their own bicycle.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST WEAR A HELMET.
2017 Class Dates
Jan. 9, Feb. 13, March 13, April 10, May 8, June 12, July 10, Aug. 14, Sept. 11, Oct. 9, Nov. 13, Dec. 11
Call: (423) 643-6888
Visit: Outdoor Chattanooga, 200 River St. in Coolidge Park