Learn to Ride a Bike
What You’ll Learn
- Helmet fit and safety checks
- Bicycle fit and seat position
- Parts of the bicycle and basic maintenance
- Bicycle fit and seating position
- How gears and brakes work
- Balance, starting, stopping and pedaling
- Types of bicycles
- Rules for sidewalk, greenway and neighborhood road riding
- Roadway signage and hand signaling
How much does it cost? Do I have to register in advance?
When and where are the classes offered?
Classes are held the 2nd Monday each month. We offer two class times, 4:00 or 6:00 p.m. All classes are held at Outdoor Chattanooga, 200 River Street in Coolidge Park.
2019 Class Dates
Do I have to wear a helmet?
What's the minimum age?
I don't have a bike, can I still participate?
Events for August 2019
Events Search and Views Navigation
Calendar of Events
Did You Know?
Chattanooga has over 20 miles of greenway trails – bike and pedestrian paths along the Tennessee River and South Chickamauga Creek. These offer non-motorized pathways for beginner riders and those looking to improve their skills. Not to mention there are plenty of city parks with paved paths and flat grassy areas offering the beginner rider a chance to learn and improve their riding skills.