Intro to Mountain Biking
Outdoor Chattanooga’s Introduction to Mountain Biking Program is designed for true beginners and those interested in formal instruction to learn and improve the skills needed to get the most out of mountain biking.
Skills Builder Classes are offered frequently for participants to learn and refresh basic mountain biking skills. Receive instruction and skills demonstration from our experienced mountain bike staff while practicing new skills and riding techniques in a controlled setting.
What You’ll Learn:
- Off road bike fit
- Shifting and braking while climbing/descending hills.
- Correct body/pedal positioning for climbing/descending and turns
- How to safely avoid or ride over obstacles
- Advanced pedaling techniques
- Techniques to avoid a crash
- Safest crashing methods
- How to change an inner tube
- Trail etiquette
- Trail difficulty designations
- Other tips and tricks to successfully start mountain biking
Classes are appropriate for ages 10 to 110.
All participants must know how to ride a bike and have basic bike handling skills such as starting, stopping, braking and the ability to turn a bike.
2018 Class Schedule
Thursday, April 12
Friday, April 20
Friday, May 18
Thursday, June 7
Friday, September 7
Fridayday, September 21
Time: 6:00-8:00 p.m. (all classes)
Cost: $10 per person per 2 hour session
*Mountain Bikes and equipment are available for use at no additional charge with registration and payment.
Location: Greenway Farms Park
Learn More and Register
Call: (423) 643-6888
Email Outdoor Chattanooga
Visit: Outdoor Chattanooga, 200 River St. in Coolidge Park