September 12 @ 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Adaptive cycling program for individuals with needs for adaptive equipment.
Hand cycles, tandem bikes, and three wheel cycles are available for individuals who have physical and visual disabilities.
Volunteer support bikes are provided by Outdoor Chattanooga.
Depending on the cycle needed, participants will have to be approved by the group that owns the cycle and fill out liability forms from the specific group you us a cycle form.
This program is co-sponsored by SPARC, Outdoor Chattanooga and the City of Chattanooga's Therapeutic Recreation Services.
SPARC is a local 501(c))(3) non-profit organization, which provides competitive and recreational opportunities to persons with disabilities in an integrated setting, i.e., persons with and without disabilities participating together. SPARC is a chapter of Disabled Sports USA, (DSUSA), which was founded by USA military veterans, with a motto of: "If I can do this, I can do anything."
WHEN: Monday evenings
SPRING/SUMMER DATES: April 11, 25; May 9,23; June 13, 27; July 11, 25; August 22; September 12, 26; October 3, 10.
WHERE: The Tennessee Riverpark at the Hubert Fry Center (4501 Amnicola Hwy)
Participants MUST PRE-REGISTER
CONTACT: Elaine at email@example.com or 423.643.6607
Debbie at 423.488.8604 OR Jerry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423.596.5268
Please note that equipment is limited and pre-registration is REQUIRED!
Minimum Requirements for the Safety of Participants:
1. Must have the cognitive ability to follow directions and instructions.
2. Must be able to apply the brakes and come to a complete stop by the end of the first day of participation.
3. Must be able to ride independently on the path with a volunteer by the third day of participation.
4. Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) must be one year post injury.
5. Must not have medical issues which could endanger the participant, including seizures.
6. Approved helmets much be worn by all riders.
7. Participants, or guardians for participants under the age of 18, must sign liability release forms from SPARC, a chapter or DSUSA.
This program is co-sponsored by SPARC(SPorts, Arts and Recreation of Chattanooga, a local chapter of DS-USA) and Outdoor Chattanooga
For more information about SPARC: http://www.sparctn.org/