- This event has passed.
August 27 @ 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
This program is Co-Sponsored by SPARC (SPorts, Arts and Recreation of Chattanooga – a local chapter of DSUSA) and Outdoor Chattanooga.
WHAT/WHO: SPARC is a local 501(c))(3) non-profit organization, which provides competitive and recreational opportunities to persons with disabilities in an integrated setting, i.e., persons with and without disabilities participating together. SPARC is a chapter of Disabled Sports USA, (DSUSA), which was founded by USA military veterans, with a motto of: “If I can do this, I can do anything.”
An adaptive cycling program for individuals with disabilities. Hand cycles and tandem bikes are available for individuals who have physical and visual disabilities. Three wheeled bikes and additional bikes available too! In addition to this, Outdoor Chattanooga brings their bike fleet for additional support and traditional bike are available to check out. Depending on the cycle needed, participants will have to be approved by the group that owns the cycle and fill out liability forms from the specific group you us a cycle form.
WHEN: Monday evenings
DATES: Aug 13, 27, Sept 10, 24 and Oct 8 (sept and october start at 5:30 pm)
WHERE: The Tennessee Riverpark at the Hubert Fry Center (4501 Amnicola Hwy)
CONTACT: Elaine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423.643.6607
Debbie at 423.488.8604 OR Jerry at email@example.com or 423.596.5268
Please note that equipment is limited and pre-registration is REQUIRED!
Minimum Requirements for the Safety of Participants:
1. Must have the cognitive ability to follow directions and instructions.
2. Must be able to apply the brakes and come to a complete stop by the end of the first day of participation.
3. Must be able to ride independently on the path with a volunteer by the third day of participation.
4. Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) must be one year post injury.
5. Must not have medical issues which could endanger the participant, including seizures.
6. Approved helmets much be worn by all riders.
7. Participants, or guardians for participants under the age of 18, must sign liability release forms from SPARC, a chapter or DSUSA.
This program is co-sponsored by SPARC(SPorts, Arts and Recreation of Chattanooga, a local chapter of DS-USA) and Outdoor Chattanooga
For more information about SPARC: http://www.sparctn.org/